International Committee of Slavists
Commission on the Computer-Supported Processing of Mediæval Slavonic Manuscripts and Early-Printed Books
Working Group on the Representation of Cyrillic and Glagolitic Letter-Forms
The working group on the representation of cyrillic and glagolitic letter-forms in encoded text is established as a sub-committee of the Commission on the Computer-Supported Processing of Mediæval Slavonic Manuscripts and Early-Printed Books to the International Committee of Slavists. The aims of the Working Group are:
- to establish a repertory of cyrillic and glagolitic letter-forms which are useful to scholars working in the field of Mediæval Slavonic Studies but either do not meet the criteria for inclusion as characters in the Unicode Standard or else have not yet been included in the standard;
- to agree, in co-operation with the Mediæval Unicode Font Initiative (MUFI), on a range of code-points within the Private Use Area of Unicode that shall be dedicated to these letter-forms;
- to publish a recommendation assigning particular code-points to the characters in the repertory;
- to support the production of fonts conformant to this recommendation;
- to support the preparation of proposals to the Unicode Technical Committee for the inclusion of further characters within the Unicode Standard where these meet the appropriate criteria.
Although the Working Group is constituted as a sub-committee of the Commission, membership of the Working Group shall not be restricted to members of the Commission.
The Working Group shall report both to the Commission and to MUFI.